Our Bread Made Easy online masterclass is a comprehensive course that transforms you from a novice to a confident baker.
If you have always wanted to make bread but think you can’t. Then this online masterclass is for you.
- Has making bread at home always seemed too hard?
- Do you think it will take up too much time in your already busy day?
- Have you made loaves that are as hard as a house brick or as flat as a frisbee?
- Are you worried about all of the additives, emulsifiers and preservatives that shop-bought bread can contain?
- Do you want to share delicious bread made with real ingredients with your family and friends?
This in-depth step by step Bread Made Easy masterclass is designed to banish any of your concerns and fears. You will be confidently making delicious bread for everyone you know.
I share my tips and tricks and show you how easy making bread can be and just how easy it can be to fit making bread into your busy day.
The bread you make on this course is made with real ingredients – flour, water, salt and yeast and a few added delicious extras such as butter, garlic, pesto, tomato and marmite.
This course transforms you from a novice to a confident bread maker. It will give you the confidence, skills and knowledge to make a variety of delicious bread from just one master recipe.
What to expect from our online masterclass
Because this course is self-paced and online with a mixture of videos, text lessons and accompanied by a comprehensive ebook, you can take this course at your own leisure, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. You continue to have access to it so that you can return to it and dip in and out to refresh your memory as you bake.
I know all about struggling to make bread. When I started making bread I made house bricks and frisbees. My masterclass takes you step by step through the full process and it's filled with my tips and tricks so that you avoid the pitfalls and start making delicious bread.
I take you through the steps to help you master the classic white loaf. Once you are confident with this I show you how to transform the same dough into thirteen different breads. These include a tin loaf, bloomer, a boule (round loaf), rolls, pittas, pizza bases and pizza rolls, focaccia and a range of flavoured breads, including Marmite loaf, tomato loaf and pull apart breads.
"Having never baked anything before and I do mean NEVER, I was very sceptical that I could be taught the skills to produce such a fine looking loaf first time around. Many thanks to the genius of Kath Corfield at Veg Patch Kitchen for putting together such a fantastic online tutorial. If like me… you have the culinary skills of an Otter… I'm sure Kath will point you in the right direction too." Tim E, Shropshire
What will I learn?
This course is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to transform from a novice to a keen and confident bread maker. You won't just learn how to make a variety of different shaped and flavoured breads using just one master recipe...
- You will learn step by step the stages of bread making and the equipment and ingredients that you need
- I show you how to properly hydrate and mix your dough so that your bread doesn't turn out like a house brick or frisbee
- Discover how to develop your dough using the stretch and fold method or by kneading or using your stand mixer. This will help you decide which method suits you best and fits best around your busy day.
- I show you how to easily fit bread making into your day by adjusting the temperature of your dough and leaving it at room temperature or using the fridge.
- You will learn what happens to the dough whilst it is rising so you know what to look for.
- I show you how to shape your dough. You will learn how to shape a bloomer, a tin, a round loaf, rolls, braids, fougasse, focaccia, pizza, pitta breads and pull apart breads.
- Learn how to properly score/ slash a loaf and why this is important.
- You will learn how to know when your bread is ready to be baked. I show you what a fully proofed looks and feels like.
- I show you how to get the best out of your oven and how to use steam in your oven to improve the flavour, texture and appearance of your bread.
- Learn about oven spring, what it is, how it works and how it improves your loaf
- You will learn about using a dutch oven and the difference it can make to your loaf.
- I will show you how to use and care for a banneton (proving basket).
- Know when your loaf is properly baked and the importance of letting it cool before enjoying it.
- Once you have master the simple white loaf I show you how to add extra ingredients to transform the dough into a variety of breads.
"Exceeded expectations as I learnt so much and am inspired to try and improve on the basic technique as well as try some new things. Videos were great, good quality and content, with very clear expectations and really useful to see what we should be aiming for." Helen B
- Learn what happens to your dough as it bakes and transforms into bread
- You will learn how best to store your bread so that it stays fresh for longer and ways to use up any leftover bread in sweet and savoury recipes
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the fermentation process and the science of bread making so that you can troubleshoot and experiment.
- Understanding the role of water and of salt in your dough.
- Understand the different yeasts you can buy and how to use them.
You also get a free bonus of a 1 hour online bread chat with Kath included as part of the course. This means that I can answer any of your queries and help you succeed with making bread.
Another free bonus is my Bread Made Easy eBook that accompanies this course. This book is filled with advice and photos to help you understand bread making. It also includes the full recipe and method for all of the breads that we make on this course. You can download and print this eBook for use in your own kitchen.
In this online course you will learn everything (and lots, lots more) that you would learn spending a day with us in Ironbridge on our Bread Basics course. With this course though there is no need to travel. It can all be done at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. You will have unlimited access to the course too. This means that you can go back and refresh your memory as you practise making bread to hone your knowledge and skills.
What do I need to know before taking the course?
You don't need to have made bread before, ever. This course is suitable for the absolute beginner. It is also suited to those that have tried to make bread but weren't happy with the results. This course will transform you from a bread novice to a bread winner.
What equipment do I need?
To get started with the course you will need:
- A bag of strong white flour, easy bake/instant yeast, fine sea salt, water
- A large mixing bowl
- Scales, preferably electronic and that weigh in 1g increments
- A baking tray or loaf tin
- A sharp knife
- A cooling rack or the grid shelf out of your oven
- Oven gloves
I show you how to use this equipment and advise on other equipment that you might want to use (but don't absolutely need to) in the course.
"I have never been particularly enthusiastic about making bread before as I don't particularly fancy the kneading - plus I am not always that patient - but this is certainly an eye opener and as you say it makes it easy." Nicola C
All of the videos in our online courses have subtitles which makes them suitable for watching with the sound turned off. This makes my courses more accessible for those with hearing difficulties.
Other online bread courses
If you aren't quite ready to buy the masterclass then our Bread Basics online course shows you step by step how to make a simple white loaf so that you can confidently start making delicious bread at home.
If you are already a confident bread maker then you might prefer my other online bread courses. These include Savoury Breads, Christmas Breads and Easter Breads. These are all designed for those already comfortable with making bread but would like to expand their repertoire with new recipes and shaping techniques.