Our Bread Made Easy online masterclass shows you step by step how easy it is to make delicious bread at home.
- Has making bread at home always seemed too hard?
- Do you think it will take up too much time in your already busy day?
- Have you made loaves that are as hard as a house brick or as flat as a frisbee?
This in-depth masterclass is designed to banish any of your concerns and fears. You will be confidently making bread for everyone you know. I share my tips and tricks and show you how easy making bread can be. So no matter how busy your day is you will still be able to fit in making a loaf.
This course transforms you from a novice to a confident bread maker. It will give you the confidence, skills and knowledge to make a variety of delicious bread.
What to expect from our online masterclass
The video below is a preview of what you can expect from the course.
Using just one master recipe I show you how to make thirteen different breads. These include a tin loaf, bloomer, a boule (round loaf), rolls, pittas, pizza bases and pizza rolls. Then, by adding just a few ingredients, you can transform the dough into focaccia and a range of flavoured breads, including Marmite loaf, tomato loaf and pull apart breads.
You also get a 1 hour zoom bread chat with Kath included as part of the course. This means that I can answer any of your queries and help you succeed with making bread.
My Bread Made Easy eBook that accompanies this course is filled with advice and photos to help you understand bread making. It also includes the full recipe and method for all of the breads that we make on this course. You can download and print this eBook for use in your own kitchen.
In this online course you will learn everything (and more) that you would learn spending a day with us in Ironbridge on our Bread Basics course. With this course though there is no need to travel. It can all be done at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. You will have unlimited access to the course too. This means that you can go back and refresh your memory as you practise making bread to hone your knowledge and skills.
This course is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to transform from a novice to a keen and confident bread maker. With over forty lessons and thirteen different breads you won't just learn how to make a variety of different shaped and flavoured breads.
Learn the fundamentals
- You will learn step by step the stages of bread making and the equipment and ingredients that you need
- I show you how to properly hydrate and mix your dough so that your bread doesn't turn out like a house brick or frisbee
- Discover how to develop your dough using the stretch and fold method or by kneading or using your stand mixer. This will help you decide which method suits you best and fits best around your busy day.
- I show you how to easily fit bread making into your day by adjusting the temperature of your dough and leaving it at room temperature or using the fridge.
- Learn how to properly score/ slash a loaf and why this is important
- I show you how to get the best out of your oven and how to use steam your oven to improve the flavour, texture and appearance of your loaf.
- Learn about oven spring, what it is, how it works and how it improves your loaf
- You will learn about using a dutch oven and the difference it can make to your loaf.
- I will show you how to use and care for a banneton (proving basket).
- Understand when your loaf is ready to be baked.
- Know when your loaf is properly baked and the importance of letting it cool before enjoying it.
- Learn what happens to your dough as it bakes and transforms into bread
- You will learn how best to store your dough so that it stays fresh for longer and ways to use up any leftover bread
- You will gain an in-depth understanding of the fermentation process and the science of bread making so that you can troubleshoot and experiment.
- Understanding the role of water and of salt in your dough.
- Understand the different yeasts you can buy and how to use them.
- As an extra bonus, you will also get a 1 hour online chat with Kath so that I can answer any questions that you might have.
- The course also includes a 20+ page workbook. This has photos showing you the key techniques and all of the recipes included in the course. The workbook can be downloaded and printed off for use in the kitchen.
All of the videos in our online courses have subtitles which makes them suitable for watching with the sound turned off.
Other online bread courses
Our Bread Basics online course shows you step by step how to make a simple white loaf so that you can confidently start making delicious bread at home.
If you are already a confident bread maker then you might prefer my other online bread courses. These include Savoury Breads, Christmas Breads and Easter Breads. These are all designed for those already comfortable with making bread but would like to expand their repertoire with new recipes and shaping techniques.