Our sourdough course teaches you the fundamentals of making sourdough bread at home. I show you how to make and maintain a starter, develop the dough and bake to get the best results.
Full day Sourdough class, 10am-4pm, £140, Ironbridge
Dates of courses for 2022
Saturday 5th November 2022, 10am-4pm, Fully Booked, £140pp
My face to face courses are on hold. If you would like to come along to a course in 2023 please add you make to the waiting list here.
What to expect from your day on our sourdough course
Our full day Sourdough course is designed to teach you the fundamentals and help you make delicious sourdough at home. During the day we learn:
- how to make a sourdough starter from scratch,
- the easiest way to maintain a starter,
- how to use this starter to make a variety of doughs,
- what to look for in the fermentation of the dough and how to know when your dough is ready
- how to shape and bake your loaf,
- the best way to bake a sourdough loaf in your domestic oven
- ways to use the starter discard including how to make crackers
You take home the breads that you have made and my recipe/advice booklet. Our class sizes are small (maximum of five people) so that everyone gets full attention and the time to ask questions and problem solve their own doughs.
We start the day with tea/coffee and cake and enjoy a delicious home made lunch and refreshment breaks throughout the day. Our ethos is for you to have a wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable say learning new skills.
Sourdough takes much longer to ferment than a yeasted bread so you will be working with doughs that have been started before the class. You will benefit most from this course if you have already mastered the basics of bread making.
Other courses you might like
Our Ciabatta, Baguettes and Bagels course shows you how to make bread with pre-ferments to make slow dough with commercial yeast.